Have Sum Fun Online
Interactive Maths Quiz For Students
Download Practice Questions
Online Practice Questions
2023 QUIZ DATES
Term 2 Years: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10*
22 May to 9 June
Term 3 Years: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10*
7 August to 25 August
Term 4 Years: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10*
23 October to 10 November
*Year 10 competitions are only available
for school teams
Cost per individual student at home:
$18 inc GST per student
Cost per school team of 4 students:
$46 inc GST MAWA Members
$60 inc GST non-MAWA Members
MAWA promotes the teaching and learning of mathematics in the following ways:
- Conducting an annual three-day conference for primary and secondary teachers
- Conducting professional learning sessions for both schools and teachers
- Writing teaching materials for teachers and learning materials for students
- Marketing recommended maths aids and publications for parents, teachers and students
- Engaging families to support their children’s maths learning
- Conducting problem-solving classes, both face-to-face and on-line, for talented and elite maths students in Years 5-10.
- Selecting elite Year 11 students each year to attend the National Maths Summer School
- Conducting the student competitions: Maths Talent Quest, Have Sum Fun Face-to-face, Have Sum Fun LIVE, and Have Sum Fun Online.
Be sure to try the practice questions to see what the problems are like. There will be one round of 10 questions each week. When your student at home or team (of 4 students) logs in, they have an hour to complete the round. But before they start, be sure to read all the directions carefully.
For Teachers and Parents
HSFOL is designed to foster mathematical problem solving for all students in Years 3-10* across Australia. The competition provides valuable opportunities to observe students engaging in cooperative problem solving.
*Year 10 competitions are only available for school teams
HSFOL can provide an avenue for students to work like a mathematician; that is, collaboratively and creatively to solve a problem.
Prizes for each competition are vouchers as follows. Students at home: First $50, Second $30, Third $20. Teams: First 4 x $25, Second 4 x $15, Third 4 x $10.
All students at home or in teams that are place-getters will receive an appropriate certificate, as will all participating students.
MAWA, MAV, MASA, QAMT, CMA, MANSW, MANT and MAT members receive the member price.
For WA schools, participation addresses one of the criteria for the MAWA Maths Active School awards.
NEED SUPPORT MATERIALS